jueves, 2 de mayo de 2013

Entry #3. I am writer: Extended version


Hello, the following text has 669 words and in this case, I broke the law of the 300 words in order to create a richer context. You can either read the whole text or skip the fictional introduction and read from the second title.



“The audience, in the old of Phrygian city, has a great expectation on what He is going to do now; many have tried to untie the knot that would make a mere ordinary mortal into a king of kings, the blessed Gordian knot, and all have failed, up to now because He is standing in front of the giant object, his thoughts are concentrated on one simple thought that He learned on his encounter with Diogenes of Sinope, “Stand out of my sunlight”. There is no audience; just the violent majesty of the universe screaming as Paul Klee’s angel of death while looking at the existence. He draws his sword, no space, no time, neither reason nor madness, just the universe within his sword, will to power in the hands of Alexander “The Great”, and his Macedonian sword of dialectical reason crushing obstacles in order to create life. Alexander sliced the Knot and conquered the world with his wit, hands and sword in order to expand as much as he could to see “the sunlight”.”
The statement “I am writer” not only describes the action of writing, but also its mere thought reflects a controversial truth: I am the one in charge, I make decisions and I create a path to a heaven or to a netherworld. Certainly, we, Argentinians  have a problem with authority and we tend to be arrogant. However, no coward has ever done anything. If we are arrogant, we need to study and become worthy of our pride. If I am writer, I will make the decisions not only as a teacher in a classroom but also as a citizen, a worker, a politician, a scientist, or as a musician until we find the end: Weltschmerz”.

What is it going to be then, eh?


I am a writer: a self-processed reflection
.  
My obsession is to write properly without slovenliness in the use of language and without lack of meaning. Last year training in Language and Written Expression III   with a teacher whose name I will not use in here due to copyright, I had learnt to separate correctly the paragraphs, and to avoid my recurrent mistakes by giving the correct shape and form to my writings. Now, as refers to the written production of the first class denominated “I am writer” that is embedded with this document I will develop some serious and fallible thoughts about what should have I done to write it correctly.
             Firstly, I admit that my weakest point at the time of writing is my slovenliness in the use of language due to my own ignorance as a result of my limited scope of vocabulary. I am not familiar with words that would definitely help me to solve certain problems at the time of developing a complex idea or to describe a simple elemental concept. Secondly, I tend to write paragraphs where I hinder the message and the whole text becomes too illegible and illogical, escaping the parameters of coherence and cohesion. This situation happens to me in fictional productions where I write nonsense, and as a result, I lose track of my original idea. Luckily, thanks to the training I have learnt to give a logical shape to the paragraphs. Last but not least, the use of commas in my expository text should have to be done correctly to separate the ideas properly. The correct usage of punctuation marks help to give coherence and definiteness to the text.
              My conclusion is that I need to expand my knowledge on vocabulary and on grammatical rules. The only and final solution is to write including complex lexical items and introducing real context situations to improve myself in this never ending process. 


Sources:

Burguess, Anthony, (2009). La Naranja Mecanica. 3ra ed. Estados Unidos: Paperback Fiction.
Feinman, J.P., (2008). La Filosofía y el Barro de la Historia. 1ra ed. Argentina: Planeta.
Plutarco, (1999). Vidas Paralelas. 2nda ed. España: Catedra.
Sartre, J.P., (2001). Crítica de Razón Dialéctica Parte I . 2nda ed. Argentina: Losada.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario